So, I found a recipe for these stuffed shells on Facebook and was immediately requested to make them by my household – let me just say, they were AMAZING! I’ll just have to remember next time to make double, because they were gone in no time! The original recipe can be found here. I did make a couple minor changes to the original recipe on my end – I didn’t use spaghetti sauce in the pan, I just used another jar of Alfredo. I also added a bit of garlic salt to the mixture – it gave it a bit more flavor!
This recipe is very easy to make and prepare and everything can pretty much be made in advance. I’m not really a “prepare everything in advance” kind of person, but, all in all, it only took about an hour to prepare and cook everything. Also, when cooking the shells, I cooked them a little less than what the box says (about 9 minutes or so) – they’re going to continue cooking in the oven.
CHICKEN BROCCOLI ALFREDO STUFFED SHELLS
• Prep time: 20-30 minutes • Cook Time: 35 minutes • Total Time: 55-65 minutes •
• 2 Jars alfredo sauce (16 oz)
• 2 cooked chicken breasts – shredded
• 2 cups cooked broccoli – chopped
• 1 cup mozzarella – shredded
• 1/4 cup parmesan – shredded
• 1 box jumbo shells
• Salt/Pepper to taste
• Garlic salt to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, mix alfredo, shredded chicken, broccoli, cheese and seasonings.
3. Grease a 13×9 cooking dish with butter or cooking spray.
4. Pour a thin layer of alfredo sauce in the bottom of the pan.
5. Spoon mixture into cooked shells and line into cooking dish.
6. Cover with foil and bake for 35 minutes.
Allow time to cool and enjoy!
And, here is our finished product! I actually wound up filling up 2 casserole dishes, so there’s plenty to go around!